Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Seasons Change

Great to hear from Jon about the cooler weather for:

“Greetings:

Well, Fall lasted about one day. The temperatures were in the mid 60’s at night, mid 80’s during the day, and had been there for a month or two. Rain had been possible (and actually happened for about an hour out of every 48). Humidity was pretty constant in the 40’s. Then, two days ago, the temperature at 85, the humidity climbs to over 70%, and it rains on and off for about four hours. By the EENT (end of evening nautical twilight), temperatures are steadily dropping, the humidity drops, and now we are sitting at daily highs in the mid 60’s during the day and lows in the mid 40’s at night. Simply incredible. One day.

Those of you who have been praying regarding a possible trip I would have to make (that I did not want to make due to the work load here, among other things), thank you for praying. Those prayers have been answered, the party that I was going to have to see came here instead, and are due in the office any time now. Not having to travel is a real blessing.

Way back at the beginning of my deployment, I mentioned the problem I had with my tooth. Well, thanks to your prayers and God’s intervention, I have not been bothered by the tooth these many months. However, just the last few days and nights, it has made it’s presence known (this is a tooth that the dentist thinks will have to have the nerve deadened and a crown emplaced, but the dental surgical section here doesn’t have all the right equipment). Please continue to pray that the necessity for oral surgery will not become a necessity until I get back to the States.

Speaking of which, I still don’t know exactly when that will be, I have been informed of no firm dates yet regarding my departure, how many days I will be in transit (there is a strong possibility of a three day transition training period to be conducted after my departure from this base but prior to my arrival at my port of debarkation, and what date I might arrive back in the States. I’ll keep y’all posted. Semper Fi, Jarhedjon”

Sheryl

No comments: