Thursday, May 17, 2007

Spring Festival


The Spring Festival seems to have been a huge success. My gauge was based on how last year's PTA Board felt about the event. They all kept saying, "Wow! I was able to work the event AND have time with my child." or "Everything is going so smoothly." I heard that from the principal as well, so that was good. Even the custodian complimented me a couple days afterwards.

We ended up with around 200 volunteers for the event so every booth was open the whole evening and our clean up was done in an hour. We had plenty of food and no injuries. Our secondary goal was to raise funds to purchase library books. Last year they raised about $2,000 so that was our goal this year. We ended up raising over $5,000, so everyone was very pleased.

These pictures should give you an idea of the event. We had a dozen community booths (a fire truck, police services, San Juan Mission, petting zoo, Mission Hospital, etc.). We had a dozen games that kids could play to win prizes along with an inflated obstacle course and giant slide. Of course there was also food -- a dinner of taquitos, rice & beans and the typical carnival food (cotton candy, kettle corn, corn on the cob, sodas, Dippin Dots).

I have gotten a lot of praise for the event, but I had a team of about 20 people who really did all the work -- I just followed up with them, sent out millions of e-mails and tried to keep our meetings to a minimum. Thanks for praying.

Sheryl

No comments: