Monday, July 31, 2006

The Waiting Begins

Had a call from Jon this morning, since Sunday I was busy with the Y Malawi Steering Team. It was great to hear his voice, especially since I anticipate having his voice connected to his whole body next week. So the waiting begins. Still a few days till he leaves his current location and then it will be a few days before he can call and let me know when he will be arriving in my location. Got it? :) Don't want anyone trying to hinder this trip. But, Lord willing, by next week at this time our family of three will all be together.

The weekend was very productive for our Y Malawi team. We are getting more organized and I always appreciate time with this great team of folks who come from numerous churches. Our meetings were from Saturday lunch through Sunday evening this time and so the team joined me at the 8:00 a.m. service at San Clemente Presbyterian. It was wonderful to worship with our Y Malawi partners at my church. The meetings also went well because I had four women who volunteered to help serve and clean up our meals. Thank you Debbie, Lisa, Rosalis and Peggy. You were a blessing to all of us, but especially to me.

This week Joshua and I will be having play dates with friends, hanging out at home, going to the Circus (first time for Joshua) and waiting for Jon.

Sheryl

No comments: