Thursday, August 03, 2006

R&R getting closer

Jon and I have sent our last e-mails until we see each other. I am anticipating a phone call Friday evening to let me know when he will arrive home. Not sure if he will be traveling military transport or commercial airlines but tomorrow night I should know more.

Joshua and I have been having fun this week to keep us from sitting around counting down the minutes. We had a pool playdate with school friends -- it was great to be with Noah and Alex, their sisters Lucy, Ruby and Audrey as well as their great moms -- Melissa and Rhonda. It reminded me of what a fun time Joshua and I both have during the school year.

Tuesday Joshua and I spent most of the day doing a 550 piece puzzle. Then in the middle of the afternoon when we needed a break we decided to go to the San Diego Zoo. It was the perfect time to go down there without getting stuck in traffic. The zoo is open till 9:00 p.m. in the summer and it is always fun to see the big cats awake and prowling.

Today Joshua and I both had our first experience at the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. We went to see it at The Pond in Anaheim. We parked at the train station, to save $12, but discovered that there wasn't an easy way to The Pond even though we could see it from the train station. Then we found "the hole in the fence." Yep, we climbed through and hiked the 1/4 mile to the stadium where I broke down and spent $9 on a bag of cotton candy and a clown hat. Crazy! But Joshua and I enjoyed the show immensely.

Tomorrow we'll probably get together with some friends. Saturday Joshua will be taking a train trip to LA with another friend from school -- Alex and his dad Mr. Ken. They went to the Mighty Duck's game back in March and this should be a fun excursion. I have plans to meet friends for breakfast and get my nails done. I'll need to do laundry and clean the house at some point as well.

Hopefully Sunday will be our reunion day. We'll see and we'll keep you posted. Can you tell that I am grinning from ear to ear? :)

Sheryl

1 comment:

Justin Sloan said...

Hello, my name is Justin Sloan. I used to work for Jon and was just wondering how he is doing. I am glad I found this blog and that you are all doing good. If you could pass on to him that I say "hi" I would appreciate it, and he can email me if he wants at justinsloan@homtai.com. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Justin Sloan