Friday, February 09, 2007

Replacement arrived

I received this note from Jon last night. His count down for departure is now a matter of hours but his arrival home is still a matter of days.

"Well, my replacement got here at about 0100 last night, we got right to work, and he just went to bed (it's 0618 here). We have SO much still to cover, but simply will not be able to. I might lie down, but will need to be up at 0800 to get his account going, so I can begin to transfer data, accounts and permissions to his profile, not to mention distribution lists, etc... There is a limit to how well I'll be able to finish with so little time. Well, I feel like I've done the best with the time I had, and hopefully I'll be able to connect with him for a few more hours between noon and 1500 when I have to be somewhere else. I'm getting pretty fragged, but considering I'll have nothing to do but nothing for the next three days, it's probably worth pushing myself a little. Semper Fi, Jarhejon"

I had a good night's sleep -- 9 1/2 hours -- so hopefully after 5 days of this bug I am on the upward swing. This weekend I will be in meetings regarding our church's Malawi partnership. Joshua has a bowling birthday party and overnight with a friend, so he is excited. More updates to come.

Sheryl

No comments: