Saturday, February 03, 2007

Update from Home

This week has been very busy for me. I had many meetings at church and was very busy at school with PTA activities. But it's probably good for me to stay busy as I anticipate Jon's return.

Friday was the Jog-a-thon fundraiser for Joshua's school. The kids had a great time. The coordinator recruited Marines from Camp Pendelton to come and run with the kids during P.E. for the previous two weeks. The Marines returned on Friday to help the kids stretch before the jog-a-thon and then they jogged with the kids. It was great. The morning started out cold so Joshua was in a turtle neck, but got pretty warm by the time it was over. Joshua jogged 20 laps in the 15 minutes that they were jogging.

I had my final visit to my orthopedic doctor who was very pleased with the range of motion that I have gotten back. He said that he does not need to see me again and I should just keep doing my exercises and stretching out the elbow. Seven weeks from the accident and my elbow is probably about 75-80% back to normal. My ability to flex my arm is much better than the extension, but my physical therapist has given me good stretches for that, so I'll just keep working on it. Thank you all for your prayers and support these many weeks.

The count down is on and as you can imagine we are all VERY excited.

Sheryl

No comments: