Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day


Well, the week was busy and time got away from me, so I am just now finishing up my report on Mother's Day last Sunday.

Joshua fixed me a bowl of cereal and brought it to me in bed on a tray. Then he presented me with some wonderful hand-made gifts that communicated not only his love for me but also Jon's, God's and my friends. It was very sweet.

We went to church and then headed to Escondido to my brother Steve's house to meet them and my folks for the beginning of my mom's Mother's Day surprise. We had a delicious lunch that Sandi and Steve fixed for us and then headed to San Diego for a Padre's game. We met up with my sister Sandy and her husband Sonny along with his mom and brother. My sister-in-law Sandi's brother and family were there as well, so we took up a couple rows in the outfield section. It was a nice cool, overcast day, so perfect for sitting outside watching a baseball game. We were a bit late and missed a few scoreless innings, but the rest of the game was quite exciting and we saw the Padre's beat the Colorado Rockies, so that was a great topper.

Jon was unable to call Sunday morning because the phone connection from Iraq is completely blocked due to the heavy calling here in the US that day. But he did get up early Monday morning his time and was able to call me Mother's Day evening. It was a great way to end my special weekend.

Sheryl

No comments: