Monday, August 04, 2008

Almost home

For those of you who haven't heard, Jon's return for his 2 weeks of R&R was moved up by a week. Last week I discovered that he might be arriving Tuesday evening the 5th instead of Sunday the 10th. This weekend I received e-mails indicating that he might arrive today (Monday). His final e-mail yesterday morning indicated that he would arrive in Dallas around 8:00 am Central Time and probably wouldn't get into Orange County till around 2:00 pm our time. Joshua and I were up at with my family at my uncle's ranch this weekend (4 hours drive away) for a memorial service for my uncle Bob Weaver and we were thinking of staying until this morning, but decided we'd head home last night and be here, just in case...

Sure enough, Jon called at 6:30 this morning to let me know that they had gotten him on an earlier flight and he'll be arriving at 9:50 this morning at Orange County. I'm so glad we came home last night and will be at the airport to greet him. Thank you all for your prayers for his safe return.

We'll be home most of this week, heading to San Diego next week. We'll get to celebrate Jon's birthday on the 17th and then he'll be heading back for the final 6 months of his deployment.

All for now.

Sheryl

No comments: