Monday, January 26, 2009

The Replacement Has Arrived

We are getting so close to the end of this deployment. Jon's replacement has arrived and the transition has begun. I just got this from him.

"My replacement is here, so that's good news, I'll have at least a week to turn over my responsibilities, which is hugely magnanimous compared to what I had last time--and the reality is I need the time much less this time due to job function than I did last time. Murphy's law, I guess--the time you have is inversely proportionate to the time you need. Oh well. Another sign that my departure is looming ever nearer. Most problematic will be that after I finish my "driver's seat" part of the turn over and transition to the "passenger seat" phase of the turnover (where I simply advise if asked), I won't have preferred access to a NIPR computer (for contact with you) or a SIPR computer (to finish up tasks related to finalizing my mission here). The good thing is that time available to complete these minor tasks will be fairly extensive, and I can accomplish them when (I'm guessing) my counterpart is not using the computer. Though this may be late at night or early in the morning, it should not be a big deal, as I'll have few demands on my time, so will be capable of flexibility. Semper Fi, JarHedJon"

No comments: