Monday, February 27, 2006

A hurt knee

I guess you could say that Joshua has experienced his first "sports injury." Last night he was playing at a friends house and while bouncing on the trampoline his knee landed on the metal pole at the edge of the mat. He wasn't in too much pain last night, but he has been "milking it" for all it's worth today. This morning it took about 10 minutes for me to playfully get him to stretch his knee out after he slept with it bent. This evening there was more moaning about how much it hurt. I don't think it's anything serious, but we do have his annual doctor's exam tomorrow, so he can take a look at it. I expect it is just a bruised knee.

My mood kind of fits the weather we are having in Southern California -- gray, gloomy and rainy. I have moments of activity and positive thoughts but also many moments of sadness and just feeling sorry for myself. I anticipate growing through this year and coming out on the other side stronger, but right now I feel too "squishy" to be strong.

Thanks for your prayers and encouraging words. God is good.

Sheryl

No comments: