Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Read-a-thon

Today was the read-a-thon and pajama day at Joshua's school and I, along with hundreds of other parents, were invited to come to our children's classrooms and read to them. It was so fun. Joshua and I read through a dozen books last night to decide which ones to read at school. The winners were: "Click, Clack, Moo, Cows that Type," "The Day the Goose Got Loose," "Friends," and "The Right Number of Elephants." These are some of my favorites and Joshua had fun "reading along" with me -- kind of showing off to his friends.



The Multipurpose room at the school was set up for parents and volunteers to get snacks and enjoy various students' work displayed on the walls. I was thrilled to see that one of Joshua's papers was selected to be posted on the wall. He is a very good printer. Yes, I am a proud Mama.

The sun came out around noon, I had a good walk and am starting to believe that these feelings won't last forever. Thanks for your prayers.

Sheryl

1 comment:

Sonny Portacio said...

Sheryl,

It's cool to see the pics of you and Joshua with your activities. A quick and easy online scrapbook!

Thanks!