Sunday, April 02, 2006

A great weekend

Joshua and I started our weekend Friday night with our traditional pizza and movie night. We watched "Prince of Egypt" and enjoyed our home-baked pizza from Vons.

Saturday turned out to not have as much rain as expected, which was a nice change from our rainy March. I was up early and finally got my desk organized so I can use it for something other than piling papers. My Dad and Mom arrived mid morning and helped me with yard work and in the final steps of removing the wallpaper glue from Joshua's room -- been working on this project for month. Then about 11:00 Ken -- the friend who took Joshua to the Mighty Ducks game -- picked Joshua up for an all-day play-date with his friend Alex. Yippee! I was able to have lunch with some girlfriends and then do some more work at home. I even watch a bit of the George Mason/Florida college basketball play-off game. Jon attended George Mason for a few years and so I was hoping the underdog would squeak out another win.

Today we are expecting a call from Jon before we go to church. Then Joshua's good friend Jake and family will have Joshua over for the afternoon while I attend my first Key Volunteer meeting down on the south end of Camp Pendleton. This evening we'll join our small group for dinner at a local restaurant. All in all -- a great weekend.

I am so blessed to have friends and family who are supporting Joshua and me so well during Jon's deployment.

Sheryl

No comments: