Thursday, October 12, 2006

My bilingual son

I have been a bit slow in posting to the blog recently, but I have to brag a bit about my bilingual son. Last Friday Joshua was preparing to do a book report in class. He had made a model of a horse (cabillo) out of Styrofoam (what a mess) and was going to show it to his class along with the book he had read. Of course the whole presentation needed to be in Spanish. Before we left for school I asked if he would practice his presentation since I wouldn't be able to see it and I wanted to video tape it so Jon could see it. Amazing! Joshua spoke for over 3 minutes in Spanish. He talked about the book and then went into detail about how he made his cabillo. I couldn't understand all of it, because his Spanish has surpassed mine, but I got bits and pieces. It was so awesome to hear Joshua speak so calmly and clearly in another language. And on top of that, he wasn't nervous about getting in front of the other 18 students in his class and his teacher to do his book report. Very cool!

I have the video on my computer, so if you ever want to hear and see Joshua's report on the book "Tres Amigos" (one of the amigos was a cabillo), just stop by the house.

Proud Mama, Sheryl

No comments: