Wednesday, January 31, 2007

News from the field

Jon is really busy, but I asked him to send an update if possible. Here is his latest news.

"Thanks for your prayers for my brother, his surgeries went well, and he is recovering at home. The recovery period is expected to take about three weeks, as he rebuilds the muscles that support ("splint," he calls it) the area of the surgery (and the affected organs). He is checking into follow on treatment, though the initial determinations following the surgery are positive.

I will have very little time to "turn over" with the Marine who will be taking my place, an item of considerable concern to me. I am very interested in having the things that I have done here add weight and momentum to Coalition Forces' mission accomplishment; however, the "tools of my trade" that I have developed, and some of the "processes" I have implemented to contribute to economy of force, are pretty complicated. Pray that I will have enough time, that I will use it wisely, that I will communicate clearly, and that I will 'finish well.' Semper Fi Jarheadjon"

We are all getting very excited about being reunited. Thanks for continuing to pray for Jon's safety and my recovery. My Physical Therapist is optimistic that I will regain full motion in my elbow, but it is taking some time and work.

Sheryl

No comments: