Friday, December 14, 2007

Blessings

The past week has been crazy. Without access to my computer, my life has felt very disorganized, but I have survived. Wednesday we received an e-mail from the pastor of our church letting us know that another member of our church had purchased a Dell computer for us and that it will be delivered early next week. We are so overwhelmed by this blessing. With the water heather going out at our house in Orange, repairs that had to be done on Jon's truck and Christmas shopping, the computer was just another expense we couldn't handle very well right now. God is so good and we are so blessed to be cared for so well by God's people.

The house is moving forward and yesterday I was able to go inside for the first time. There has been lots of craziness surrounding the house as just about every day I have found mistakes being made. Wednesday I informed 6 construction workers that they had framed up our porch in the wrong place -- 3 feet off of our plan. I was so proud of myself for staying relatively calm, calling the contractor and figuring out a way to solve the problem of the corner of the porch being too close to the road, which was why they had moved the porch down. I still do not know why they didn't call to ask us what we thought of this alternative. Today I need to go talk to them about the brick work around the property which isn't quite in the right place yet. Wow! I never thought I would be this directly involved in putting our house together. But everything is coming together and looks great. The sales reps. still assure us that they'll be done next week and we can move next Saturday. A friend from church is recruiting others to help us with the move on the 22nd. What a blessing.

Sheryl

No comments: