Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Life goes on

I was told once by my brother and sister-in-law that new houses can end up being as much work as old ones. Having never owned a brand new home I must confess that I didn't believe them, even though they were current owners of a new home. Well, now I believe.

This morning when we arrived at the house we found a minor flood in our utility room. Of course the contractor is on vacation today but assured us that they'll be here first thing tomorrow morning. Jon got his shower before he headed to work and then we turned off the water. I was a bit stressed and then Joshua got nervous and was worried that we'd have a flood that would ruin all of our stuff. What a morning.

I spoke with our loan agent this morning and she assured me that escrow will close today. However, I still haven't gotten a call, so now I'm getting nervous again. I know the bank is on the east coast, so it's already 3:30 there. Please pray that escrow closes today and I will relax and trust the Lord while I'm waiting. Thanks.

Oh, I can finally post pictures cause I have a computer. I think I forgot to mention that I discovered yesterday that the computer that was donated to us is a brand new Dell Lap top. Wow! What a great Christmas gift that was. Here's a picture of us in front of the tree my brother's family brought on Sunday. There will be more to come.

Sheryl

No comments: