Friday, February 22, 2008

Cold weather and rose gardens?

The latest from my Marine.

It has gotten suddenly cold the last two days (and nights), this after a huge dust cloud blanketed the whole AO (the weather guy says its the largest dust cloud he's seen in his 13 months in Iraq). It was not the spectacular wall of dust that we had back in 2006, but it nevertheless completely blocked out the sun and reduced visibility to a couple hundred yards--for over two days.

I'm slowly getting over my cold, making it a point to sleep a little more each night--obviously recovery times are a little prolonged when working 12 hour shifts seven days a week... Additionally, I'm a one man show for now, as the other Marine in my section (and my boss) is out of town for the foreseeable future... What is it the Corps says? Oh yeah, "We didn't promise you a rose garden....!" Well, then, what's that smell? Ah, that's the new disinfectant they're using in the port-a-johns... OK, enough frivolity, I've got to get back to work.

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

No comments: