Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Jon's room

I just got this update from Jon about his room. Thought you all might enjoy his perspective and an idea of the temperature over there.

"My room is much more liveable with the heater, and the guy warned me that, as the unit had been sitting awhile (it was a used unit), the compressor fluid, etc., settles in the bottom, so it will work more effectively after running for some time... The first night I was a little warm, but I was so happy, I didn't think it was TOO warm. The next night, I left it on the same setting, but when I woke up it was way too hot, so I turned the thermostat down. The next night, leaving the thermostat in its new location, seemed great when I fell asleep, but when I woke up, it was way too hot again. I think I'm getting closer to the mark though, we'll find out tonight. And no, this is not because it is getting warmer at night, it's still dropping into the mid to high 30's at night, rising as high as the mid 50's during the day. I went running for the first time since getting here, I ran at about 1400, so it was just warm enough (a little chilly, but the exercise kept me in there). I did my old 3 mile route, and of course, it seemed longer than it did a year ago... I'm doing calisthenics every morning now, and plan to run three times a week, we'll see if I can stay disciplined."

I also learned that he will have to take a short trip somewhere within the country. In the past he hasn't been able to send e-mails or call when he has taken these trips. Please pray for his safety and that I won't worry. Thanks.

Sheryl

No comments: