Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway

For those of you who do not live in Southern California,
let me share one of the wonderful experiences we can have. We can enjoy 70 degree days in February or drive an hour or so to play in the snow on a beautiful 50 degree day with clear blue skies.

Saturday Joshua and I joined my college friend Lauri on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway (www.pstramway.com). The tram travels over 2,600 feet to the mountain station which is at 8,516 feet. Thanks to the numerous winter storms we have had in the past month, there is plenty of snow at that elevation. Lauri brought her sled and we had lots of fun sledding and hiking around the snow-covered wilderness paths. Of course I am a bit sore this morning having slipped on the ice a few times and banged my knee and hip. Joshua and I hit a tree once (not hard) at the end of a sledding run, but otherwise I'm basically in one piece after our day of adventure. Jon called this morning so Joshua got to tell Jon all about our fun snow day. May all the rest of your winter days be fun.

Sheryl



1 comment:

Lauri B said...

Sheryl,
I had a great time with you and Joshua! I am so glad you were able to come out for a visit and that the day turned out to be so amazingly wonderful! Let me know when you want to do it again! : )
Lauri