Sunday, April 06, 2008

Getting caught up

Sorry it's been so long since I posted to the blog. Jon is doing fine, just very busy. I'll try to get something from him in the next couple days that I can post.

Joshua and I have been enjoying the beautiful Southern California spring weather. Over Easter weekend we thought summer had arrived and enjoyed lunch on our patio with my parents. Since then it cooled down again and we kept our jackets handy. Of course it is nothing compared to the weather most of the rest of the country has endured this winter and spring.

On March 29 we enjoyed the Swallows Day Parade in our own San Juan Capistrano and then spent that evening and Sunday with Steve, Sandi, Elena, Emma and Evan in Escondido. Joshua and his cousin Evan are 6 months apart and good friends.

This week is spring break for Joshua and so we drove up to Porterville, to the France Ranch, where my dad grew up and where my family used to come "home" to when on furlough (my parents were missionaries for those who don't know my family history). I lived here two summers during college and love visiting my Uncle John and Aunt Cindy, who now own the farm. Joshua loves to come up and see them as well as the dog Max and the donkey Joe. It is nice to be out of the city and enjoying the country, especially now while it's cool and not 100 degrees, like it can be in the summer.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. We've almost hit the 3 month mark, which means only 4 months till we hopefully can be together for a couple weeks when Jon gets his R&R.

Sheryl

No comments: