Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude

I am thankful for so many things this year.
* My husband is safe, able to e-mail me almost every day and call me weekly.
* I have immensely enjoyed the time I've spent with my son this year.
* God has blessed me with friends through my church and Joshua's school who love me in so many ways.
* I have a new home (not quite a year old) that is lovely, spacious and keeps me warm and protected from the elements.
* I have more than enough food and take clean water for granted.
* God has opened my eyes to amazing opportunities to serve his body and the world around me.
* Our family has been healthy this year -- a few colds and stomach flue really don't count on the spectrum of health struggles.
* I live in a country where I can worship when and where I want with other believers.
* I live in a diverse country where people with diametrically opposing views can argue and debate openly without going to war and killing each other.
* Today I will be able to join with most of my extended family to celebrate a holiday that reminds us all to stop and express our gratitude.

I am blessed in so many ways. I hope you have a wonderful day expressing your gratitude for the life you have with people you love.

As you begin this advent season (November 30), I'd encourage you to check out the video on this website http://www.adventconspiracy.org/ and think about how you might make Advent and Christmas more meaningful this year.

Blessings,

Sheryl

No comments: