Monday, November 24, 2008

More Mail Arrives

Once again, a BIG thanks to all of you who have taken the time to write to Jon or send him packages. They are a huge blessing and encouragement to him. This just in from him.

The mail, though I don't think it's completely on track yet, is at least starting to function in a limited fashion. To illustrate, I just received a Moto Mail from Joe dated 09 October, and one from Lina dated 26 September. Moto Mails are basically teletype messages that are electronically delivered to the postal address closest to my unit in less than 24 hours from submission, so obviously something is still "broken" here, but at least I received them :) I also received a heart-warming envelope from Tiffany and the Star Wars cast, thanks, you guys, for thinking of me... Barbara, thanks so much for the card and the picture taken above the San Clemente pier, it reminds me that Marines actually have a uniform besides MARPATDDCU (Marine Corps Pattern Digital Desert Combat Utilities); I also have your picture of the Pilgrim entering Dana Point on my desk (which I received from Sheryl). I also received an encouraging note from Al and Enid, a card and some newsy letters from Helen, and inspiring and supportive card/letter from Dick and Doris, a card from Uncle Pat and Aunt Sharon (thanks so much for the encouraging Scripture references), and certainly not least, a card from Sheryl :)

This will be my first full week since returning from R&R in which I will be fully plugged back into the Battle Rhythm (I've been functioning as a member of the Command Element--CE-- Advanced Echelon--ADVON--for my unit up until now). "Battle Rhythm" is the military staff buzz word that really means "all the meetings you have to go to, all the administrative deadlines you have to meet, and to whom all your deliverables are due." So far, halfway into my busiest day (Mondays, as Murphy's Law would have it), things are actually on track. Thanks so much, all of you, for your prayers and support. Semper Fi, Jon G.

No comments: