Monday, December 29, 2008

First game of pool


We have pool tables in our club house, but in the nearly 4 years of living hear none of us have ever played on them. Joshua started begging to play his first game of pool over the holidays, so yesterday we tried them out. I am not a very good player, but could explain the basics of the game to him and give him some tips on how to hit the ball. Sure enough, after a couple games he was beating me and I was trying. We had a lot of fun and I imagine there will be many more games of pool in the future. Here is Joshua holding the first ball he ever hit into a pocket.


Today my brother's family is headed to the Discovery Science Center (DSC), about 30 miles north of us, and have invited Joshua to join them. As an employee of DSC I was able to get them all free tickets, so they can enjoy their day without the added cost. I will enjoy the day doing projects here at home without Joshua begging me to do something else (often something I do not want to do).


Still waiting for a note from Jarhedjon that I can post for you all. He is not as busy as previously this deployment but still has those "fun" meetings to attend either in person or via his computer.


Happy New Year!


Sheryl

No comments: