Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Joshua's 9th Birthday

Okay, what mother gets so busy that she forgets to post a birthday announcement for her son on his birthday. I guess a mom who has been a single parent for almost a year and is preparing for her family to come to her house for Christmas while she is also delivering cookies (made about 15 different kinds this year) to the neighbors and friends. So here it is!

Happy 9th Birthday to my favorite son Joshua who was born on December 23! He started and ended the day opening gifts. In between he built Legos (his favorite toy these days), played computer games and ran some errands with me. We had an early dinner at Red Robin, a fun restaurant, where he had a corn dog with french fries and a Shirley Temple to drink. My folks met us at the restaurant and so he had a couple more gifts to open there. When we got home, "Ice Age" the movie was on TV so we watched that until bed time.

It is amazing to think back to that Christmas 9 years ago when this wonderful tiny person arrived in our lives. I remember being a bit panicky when we went home from the hospital with him on Christmas Eve. But then I had a thought and I remember looking at him and saying, "Hey, you don't even know who you are yet, so we'll just get to know each other as we go along." I think that is an awesome way to approach parenting -- getting to know my child each day, month and year, as he grows and changes. I can honestly say that I truly enjoy who my little boy has turned out to be at 9 years of age.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Sheryl

No comments: