Sunday, October 11, 2009

20th Reunion for Class of 89


Okay, anyone who knows me at all will realize that I did not graduate either from high school or college in 1989, but I did attend last night's 20th reunion for the class of 89. That was the last of my five-year high school teaching career. I taught many of these students both Algebra I and Algebra II/Trig. I also coached many of these "kids" in both volleyball and swimming. I was able to connect with six of the girls who were on my first freshman volleyball team in 1985 (see picture). I have become facebook friends with many of them, but it was great to sit and talk together. I can't believe that it has been 20 years since I last taught. In some ways it feels like a life-time ago and in other ways it just doesn't seem that long ago. How can I be old enough to have quit my first career 20 years ago? Oh, how time flies.


Sheryl

No comments: