Friday, October 16, 2009

Jon Home Safe and Sound

Jon arrived home this evening after three weeks in Europe. I had to give him a USMC regulation hair cut tonight since he heads to Miramar tomorrow morning early for the weekend drill with his reserve unit and he hasn't had a hair cut in all of that time. It is too bad that he'll miss my birthday tomorrow, but at least he is back in the same state as us this weekend. He'll be home Sunday night for good. No call from the Census Bureau yet, so looks like he'll have some time to rest, get caught up on e-mails and dive back into the job search.

Tomorrow I will celebrate my birthday with my mom, aunt Judy and Joshua over brunch followed by Joshua's soccer game and then I'm not sure what else for the late afternoon and evening. Oh, Jon did manage to squeeze two cups and saucers of Romanian china in his one bag ($50 extra to check a bag) for my birthday present. They are beautiful. He done good. :)

All for now.

Sheryl

No comments: