Thursday, January 04, 2007

Counsel from a Physical Therapist

I was able to speak with my friend who is a physical therapist. She completely agrees with the doctor and said that he is managing my elbow exactly right. She knows Dr. Ishimaru and said he is good. She said that she does not always agree with orthopedic doctors and would tell me if she thought I needed a second opinion. Regarding the pain in my arm from typing, etc., she said I just need to take it slow and stop when it hurts. She also recommended icing the painful areas at night to help reduce inflammation and that will help with the pain as well. I feel a huge relief after that conversation. Everything she said was the same as what the doctor had said, so I am not going to get a second opinion from an orthopedic doctor, I am going to go with the advice of my doctor and physical therapist.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.

Sheryl

No comments: