Friday, January 05, 2007

Update from the Front

Jon has been really busy, but he took some time to send an update for the blog.

"Well, I am just swamped with work, and with this being my last full month here, there are a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up before I can get out of here. What this means is that there are a lot of you that have sent me packages, cards, notes, and encouraged me in various ways (since the 15th of December), and I will not be able to send you hand written thank you notes. The First Baptist Church in Patchogue sent me a package; Dave & Kris M. sent me a package, a card and some cash; Ms. Natalie F. sent me a phone card; the San Juan Seniors sent me TWO packages; and Linda, Walter, Lina, Flynn, Mary, Mercy, Spencer, Lucy, & Jasper sent me a package; Matt, Brenda, Nicole & Meghan sent me a package; Ruth M. sent me a package (the contents of which will take months to work off); and Aunt Lori sent me several special orders from Mrs. Fields; these packages, and the care and support they communicated, have sustained me (and all the folks in my shop!), and I am very grateful. Each of these packages, I know, took planning and effort, and they all showed that you cared. I was very gladdened to receive them!

It is my sad duty to inform you that that my command has instructed me to say the following: NO MORE SNAIL MAIL to me at my deployed address. Mid-December was the cut-off for packages, and January the first was the cut off for letters. I would hesitate to send MOTO mail as well, as there have been delivery delays on this end. So, though I will miss getting mail (the guys in the postal office will now have nothing to do!), this signals the beginning of the end of my deployment. Oorah.

Semper Fi, Jarhedjon"

I also want to add my thanks to those of you who have flooded Jon with packages, letters and motomails this year. You have helped to keep Jon encouraged and that is a huge blessing to me as well.

Sheryl

No comments: