Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting caught up again

I just noticed that I have used this title for previous posts. Hmmmm I think that says something, but ah, well.

Since I last wrote, we have had plumbing and various other problems with our house in Orange. Fortunately our tenants are patient and I was able to get a trusted plumber up to the house quickly. It cost us a small fortune, but such is life with a 40+ year old house. Everything is settling down now.

Joshua has continued to have a great soccer season with many wins and a couple loses, which are always good for the parents. :) He is also busy with school and doing quite well with his Spanish and English. Last night our school had our annual Fall Art Festival. Students are encouraged to create art -- visual, photographic, video, literature and music -- and Joshua created entries in four of the categories. As you know, I posted his poems last time. Here is a picture of him posing in front of his three photos. The theme for this year's art contest was "Wow!" Joshua even entered a short video of a polar bear that he took at the San Diego Zoo. He was taping the bear while he rested and then suddenly it sat up and stretched. You can hear Joshua say, with awe in his voice, "Wow!" It was very cool and perfect for this year's competition. Winners will be announced at the school in the next week or two, but just having Joshua express himself is the prize for me.

Last weekend Joshua was invited to have an overnight with his friend Alex (Thanks, Mr. Ken) and so I had the evening to myself. Some dear girlfriends came over for dinner and I had my first birthday party. I am one who enjoys celebrating my birthday Month! Tomorrow is the big day. Looking forward to being with family, including my Aunt Judy who will be down this Saturday for a birthday gathering.

Jon continues to be very busy with work. He works so late some nights that he sleeps in his office. Please pray that he will get enough sleep and will not get sick. The weather is getting cooler over there, which is funny because Southern California is experiencing Santa Ana Winds so we have had highs in the 90s the past couple weeks.

Okay, I think that gets you caught up on our lives.

Sheryl

No comments: