Saturday, October 04, 2008

A New Poet in the Family

This week Joshua participated in an after-school creative writing class designed to help students write something that they can submit to the PTA Reflections Competition. Joshua did not initially want to participate but since I had a meeting to attend at the same time and one of his friends was in the class, he agreed to try it out. Here are the two poems he wrote during the class and he has submitted for the competition.

Oh, My, the Trainer has Died

This dolphin looks like it is going to jump.
And it will land on the ground and go thump.
Then the trainer died.
Then the dolphin cried.
And then a bird said, “coo.”


The Two Rattle Snakes

Once I saw two rattle snakes in the middle of the road
And we could only cross if we got the right code.
When we got 2/4 of the code, then my mom got bitten.
And that’s the part when I started hittin’.
And that was the end of us both.

No comments: