Sunday, October 26, 2008

How the Weeks Fly

Wow! I can't believe it has been another week since I posted anything to the blog. I have finally finished having birthday parties -- the last one was last night with dear friends from church. Thanks, Claire, Nanci and Cyndi.

Last Friday, the San Juan Elementary winners of the PTA Reflections Art Competition were announced at the school assembly. One of Joshua's photographs won and his video as well, although he was the only student to enter a video. He was quite proud of the medals he received.

We had a busy week at school and are ready for a little break this coming week. We will have plenty of activities at the beginning of the week but it is Parent/Teacher Conference week, so Joshua has short days on Tuesday and Wednesday and no school at all on Thursday and Friday.

Today we continued a new Sunday tradition that Joshua and I started last week. We went geocaching. If you are new to my blog and haven't heard of this wonderful activity, check out www.geocaching.com or visit my sister and brother-in-law's podcast (see links to the left). Sandy and Sonny gave me a GPS for my birthday and Joshua and I are having such a good time exploring our neighborhood as we search for caches hidden in places that we pass each day. Today we were three for four in our searches. If you like walking, hiking and exploring, let me know and you can join us on one of our Sunday explorations of South Orange County.

Jon continues to be very busy, but is hopeful that things will slow down in the near future. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers. I am hopeful that he will have a update that I can share with you soon.

Sheryl

1 comment:

SandyP said...

Glad to hear that you guys are getting out and geocaching!!