Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dealing with Frustration

I have been frustrated by my blog service in the past week. For a while I couldn't gain access to post a blog. Then when I final got access yesterday I couldn't post any pictures. But of course that is nothing compared to Jon's frustration right now at not being able to keep up his own blog. He sent me another message to pass on to you who are reading.

"One of the Marine Corps’ 11 Leadership Principles is, “Know yourself and seek self improvement.” This is a lifetime process, of course, and from a Mission Accomplishment perspective, the ease with which one’s self knowledge is increased is inversely proportionate to the number of relationships one has outside of the mission. When attempting to accomplish a series of tasks in the pursuit of a larger goal, relational involvement can consumes energy, distract focus, contribute to indecisiveness, and weaken resolve. Consciously disengaging from or avoiding relationships in the pursuit of self knowledge and self improvement, however, can be proven to be equally ‘crippling.’ We are deprived of the very context that makes self knowledge and self improvement essential to the maturing process. We have no social context in which our own priorities can be reflected, mirrored, or shown in the more universal light of benefiting or detracting from the advancement of our universal physical, mental or spiritual development. This is sometimes how I feel over here: perhaps I am learning more about myself and able to apply this knowledge to more ably accomplish the tasks I’m assigned; however, I feel more and more disconnected from the very persons, community, and culture that give meaning or provide the necessity of accomplishing those tasks. Finding balance is not easy, as the tasks ARE HERE and the contexts that give them meaning ARE NOT. Posted for JarHedJon by Sheryl"

Thank you for praying for Jon and remembering him. If you want to post a comment to my blog, he should be able to read it.

Sheryl

No comments: