Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Routine

Joshua and I have settled into the fall routine. School, Tae Kwon Do, Wednesday night church, Friday night soccer practice, Saturday soccer games, Sunday church with homework and lots of play-time sprinkled in. Jon has also gotten back into a routine. Here's his report.

"The discouraging thing about getting back in country is how quickly routine becomes drudgery. This is probably partly due to the fact that my daily work load consistently exceeds my ability to accomplish it; the performance of all daily activity takes place in a setting already extremely familiar to me, or perhaps the starkly monotonous surroundings provide very little in the way of variety; there is little or no interaction with people outside of mission accomplishment; there is little to no awareness of what day of the week it is—every day is a Monday.

The encouraging thing about being back in country is a constant awareness of God’s blessing. Support and encouragement from many people in such a variety of different ways: snail mail, emails, packages, prayers. The predictable nature of each day makes the mental preparation necessary for the next 24 hours a much more sane process. The work load waiting to be done and the lack of diversionary activity both work together to increase productivity. The food is great, I can take a hot shower daily, the laundry is free, my quarters are climate controlled, I’m sleeping well, and I’m actually PTing [working out] more consistently than in the first six months.

I’m sure it seems less than meaningful for those praying for me to keep praying the same prayers, over and over, for going on seven months now. I want to thank you for those prayers, they make such a difference.

(Posted for Jarhedjon by Sheryl)"

We all appreciate your prayers.

Sheryl


1 comment:

Sonny and Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing and posting. We have, and will continue to pray for you guys. Just know that we're reading your posts and that you touch our lives by them.