Thursday, September 28, 2006

Quintet Update

Just got an e-mail from Jon with an update on the quintet that he plays in. Thought y'all might be interested.

"Last week, I found out one of the new officers in my shop plays the trumpet. Our 1st trumpet is away on a trip, so I talked the new guy into coming over and picking up 2nd trumpet. We found a new guy to play tuba who is fast getting up to speed, so the gap in the quintet is the Freedom (French) Horn. So I started playing Freedom Horn (I had been playing 2nd Trumpet since we got a good tuba player a while ago), and the Chaplain (trombone player) says I’ve picked it up extremely quickly, and have filled a gap that has been in the quintet (we’ve been a quartet, in essence) four a number of months when our old Freedom Horn player rotated back to the States. When the 1st trumpet gets back, we’ll have a full quintet for the first time in four months! I’m looking forward to that, it should be fun."

Sheryl

No comments: