Friday, September 22, 2006

First Art Competition


The San Juan Elementary PTA is sponsoring the Reflections Creative Arts Competition. Joshua entered a piece of art work today. One of the moms at our school is a former art teacher and she has been giving after-school art workshops. She also started a class after-school that Joshua was able to get into. He is very excited about doing any kind of art.

The theme for the competition is "My Favorite Place." It only took Joshua a few seconds to figure out that his favorite place is Yosemite. His painting, done in water colors and glitter glue, is of a water fall and the fire falls that used to occur over Curry Village. It was so fun to watch him come up with the idea, try a number of different media and then do his final version. I think he did 6 practice drawings or paintings.

Thanks to my mom for posting a comment to Jon on this blog site. Jon is still able to read the blog and the comments, so if you used to post comments to him, please do so now on my site. He won't be able to post a comment back to you, but I'm sure he'll reference the comments from time to time in his notes to me. I know Jon would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Sheryl

1 comment:

Sonny Portacio said...

Hey a very cool looking painting there! Well done!