Friday, January 18, 2008

Big Yawn!

It was a short night and an early morning. We were up and out of the house by 2:00 a.m. Jon had to check in at 2:30. He was done checking in and getting his weapon by a little after 3:00 but the chow hall didn't open till 5:00 and they weren't scheduled for final muster until 5:45. Well, I was prepared. The back of the Escape was full of sleeping pads, sleeping bags, comforters, pillows and lots of blanks. After half an hour of squirming around all three of us actually fell asleep for about an hour. Then it was breakfast in the chow hall and good byes in the freezing (okay, temperature is all relative, but it was in the low 40s and breezy and I forgot our warm coats). After muster the Marines boarded their buses and headed off at 6:30. They'll be at their next stop for a number of hours before flying out with various stops on their journey to the other side of the world. I'll keep you posted as I hear from Jon.

Joshua and I had plans to go to the San Diego Zoo today, but at 6:30 I realized they don't open until 9:00. Fortunately my sister lives in north San Diego county, so we stopped by her place at 7:00. Joshua is enjoying their Wii and I was able to get caught up with Sandy over a cup of tea and make this post to my blog.

All for now.

Sheryl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sheryl,

We're especially keeping you three in our prayers. We love and miss you guys.

Paul, Suzette & kids