Wednesday, January 16, 2008

You won't believe this

For those of you who have faithfully read this blog for the two years that I have written it, you will not believe what I found in our new house yesterday. As I removed the table leaves from the closet in the utility room, I discovered that the wall of the closet was covered with fuzzy mold covering the bottom foot of the closet wall. As you probably remember, we got rid of our old home due to mold that was inside the walls and subfloor but never actually showed its furry face on the inside of the house. UGH! All I can figure is that the wall sucked up a lot of water when we had that leak prior to our move-in and the mold has finally sprouted -- or whatever you call it.

I have been assured by the company that we bought the home from that someone will be out, hopefully today, but I have not gotten any calls so far this morning. I don't know how they will get rid of it, but I they cut the wall out and replace it. I want to make sure there isn't mold beginning to grow in other walls. The other side of the closet had some mold showing.

And so the saga of our house continues. I just wish that I didn't have to deal with it by myself starting in a few days. Oh, well, the one upside is that the frustration of this house problem does help to cover some of those sad feelings.

To top it off, Joshua has been home sick all week. I thought he was having allergies on Sunday, due to the winds, but by Monday afternoon he had a temperature and was vomiting. Poor kid, he has been pretty miserable. I am keeping him home today but his cough seems to be getting better and he hasn't had any more problems with his stomach.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

Sheryl

No comments: