Saturday, January 19, 2008

Safely in the Persian Gulf area


I received my first e-mail (of hundreds to come) from Jon. He arrived safely in a Persian Gulf country that is not his final destination. He slept more on the flight from Europe to that country. He may be at this stop for a day or two before starting the final leg of his journey. Thanks for continuing to keep him in your prayers.

I don't think I mentioned that Joshua and I had a great time at the SD Zoo yesterday. Here is Joshua's favorite picture of himself with his favorite animal -- a Meerkat. Right after taking this picture a man with his family noticed Joshua's hat and jokingly asked if he'd been to Camp Fallujah. Joshua said no but that his Dad had been there and was on his way back. It was nice to receive the condolences from a family who truly understood. This Marine was only recently back and not sure when he might return. We are definitely not alone in this experience.

All for now.

Sheryl

No comments: