Wednesday, January 23, 2008

He made it

I received this e-mail when I woke up this morning.

"Well, I got in last night (to my final destination) at about 2000 after an uneventful trip. I'm billeted in the same building as last time, but in a different room--which is going to need some major improvements if I'm going to be permanently billeted there. The heater does not work, there is no plywood base between the frame and the mattress (making the bed very uncomfortable to sleep in), and the curtains are not sufficient to keep out daylight. That being said, it was good to be finally done with traveling, and our stowed luggage should arrive tomorrow afternoon, though I'll live out of the day bag for now. This is because we've been told billeting is temporary until after the transition is complete, after which we'll take stock and allocate the rooms permanently. I'd really like my old room back (unless God has something better for me :), so please pray to that end.

There is definitely a sense of familiarity for me here, especially since I'm in the same building I lived in before. There is also a sense of huge unknowns as well, as I'm operationally spinning up in a totally different area than what I had experience with before. It seems I will have plenty of work to do, so boredom will not be a problem. However, it also seems like I'll be able to moderate my work to 12 hours or so a day, which will help with the whole burn-out thing."

Thanks for praying for Jon these past 4 1/2 days as he was traveling. Now the work begins for him and you can see from his message some ways to pray. We appreciate knowing that so many of you are praying for our family.

Sheryl

1 comment:

Valerie Jordan Mangrum said...

Who you were at the beginning of Jon's first departure and who you are now this second time reveals beautiful growth, amazing strength and refined character. You are the best marine wife I know and God's exquisite daughter!