Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update on the room

Jon is getting settled into his room and I thought you might be interested in reading about his creativity in setting things up in a way that will work for him.

"I am getting my room set up more and more every day. Today I set it up with a sit-up bar, so I have something I can hook my feet under so I can do situps every morning before my stretching exercises. I also picked up some heavy wire mesh material that I can use to support the mattress on my bed instead of the piece of 1/2inch plywood, which is not big enough to do the job. I also have got a large swath of construction felt that I can use to insulate and cover the window in my room to prevent the transfer of heat and light (the heavy wire mesh and the construction felt both came from three discarded sides to a HESCO barrier that someone has abandoned adjacent to a blast shelter). I'm pretty stoked about getting my room more and more liveable every day."

Thank you for your continued prayers for all of us. Joshua is doing very well. I have complimented him on his great behavior and helpfulness around the house. That is a huge blessing to me. I still struggle with the overwhelming feeling of having to do everything on my own. Of course many of you offer your help, but I'm referring to just "doing life" on my own without my husband, partner, best friend... But overall we all are doing quite well as we finish up our second week of deployment.

Sheryl

No comments: