Thursday, July 03, 2008

News from the Marine


This just in from Jon,

"Obviously, we are currently experiencing beautiful, clear weather right now -- this picture was taken this morning. OK, so it's a little bit hotter than most people like (about 105 when the picture was taken, by noon it will be around 115), but once acclimatized, pretty nice.

Work is keeping me more than busy, but I suppose I'm keeping my chin above water (being amphibious, I figured a hydrological analogy was appropriate), as no one is suggesting early rotation back to the States (more's the pity) due to sub-standard performance or anything (not a good reason to head back, but it has occurred to me a time or two :)

I'm really enjoying participation in a Bible discussion group that meets twice a week. We've been working our way through the early chapters of Matthew, specifically the Sermon on the Mount, and it has been challenging to consider living out the radical social and cultural paradigms represented by the Beatitudes, etc.

Thanks for your prayers and support. As I get closer to a short R&R period, please pray that I'll cover all the bases in preparation for the period I'll be gone. Thanks.

Semper Fi,
Jon G."

No comments: