Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Silverton



Today Valerie and I drove to Silverton, a small tourist town set at 9,000 feet between 13,000 foot peaks. You can learn about the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad by going to http://www.durangotrain.com/. Maybe when our whole family comes back to visit, we'll take the train to Silverton.

Today Valerie and I enjoyed great conversation while we made the drive, had lunch, walked around the stores and then headed home. In the middle of our strolling my cell phone rang and it was Jon. He had gotten e-mails from me earlier in the day indicating that I was not feeling well (I'm fine now) and he decided to call instead of sending another e-mail. It was great to talk to him, but a bit strange to sit on a bench with tourists strolling by. Oh, well, it was the thought and the connection that counts. He will try to write something tomorrow that I can share with you all.

Sheryl

No comments: