Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Camp and My Vacation


Joshua was very excited to be at camp especially after his friend Jake arrived. Here are the boys with their counselor "Chip." The camp staff have already started posting pictures on their secure web site so I was able to see half-a-dozen shots of Joshua having a great time (of course they might not post pictures of him looking miserable). :)

I'm doing alright. After leaving Joshua at Bass Lake and heading to the Bay Area on Sunday I spent some time thinking about this next step of independence in Joshua's life. Being a mother is all about loving, caring, protecting, teaching your child to leave you. What a tough job we have. But what an honor and privilege to be able to be a part of this young man's life.

But I am not just sitting around meditating on motherhood. I enjoyed a Robert Ludlum book on tape for 3 hours of the drive to Foster City where I spent the night with my aunt Judy and cousin Tim. Monday morning I flew from San Fransisco to Denver and then on to Durango, Colorado, where I am enjoying a fabulous time with my dear friends Bill, Valerie and Alexa. Here they are last night at Bill's birthday dinner celebration. I lived in community with Bill and Valerie for four years just prior to marrying Jon so we have a lot of history and they are very special folks. It doesn't hurt that they live in a beautiful part of this country. Here is one view from their porch.

Hope you are having a wonderful summer wherever you are.

Sheryl

No comments: