Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A pillow hug from Daddy


Before Jon left both Jon and Joshua made hand-print pictures and gave them to each other so Jon could take Joshua's hand with him and Joshua could have Jon's hand here at home. Well, before Jon left, Joshua told us that the hand picture "didn't work." He said that he had been missing Daddy that afternoon but when he put his hand on the picture of Jon's hand nothing happened. It didn't make him miss Jon any less.

Well, today Joshua got something that "really worked." I heard about a couple military wives who make pillows with pictures on them. I sent in a picture of Jon and today Joshua was surprised to open a package with a pillow that had Jon's picture and "I love you" on it. He immediately hugged it and danced around saying, "It works, it works, it really works, I'm hugging Daddy." Oh, it was so worth whatever the pillow cost. :)

So here's my little boy with his pillow. I think he's taking it to school tomorrow to show his friends.

Sheryl

No comments: