Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Wrong Way to Lose 5 lbs.

After making it through Monday without getting Joshua's stomach flue, I figured I was free and clear of those germs -- Wrong! Tuesday I woke up feeling a little queasy and didn't eat much for breakfast. By 11:00 a.m. I was crashed out on the couch trying to get comfortable and stay awake till 12:30 when I needed to pick up Joshua from school.

After getting Joshua I tried to stay on the couch to keep him company while he did his homework, but I eventually ended up in bed. I had 100.3 fever and ached all over. I encouraged Joshua to go out and play with his friend but he said, "No, Mom, I need to stay and take care of you the way you took care of me." What a sweetie.

The really disappointing part of being sick was that I had to miss Open House at Joshua's school. Fortunately my dad was able to come down and take Joshua and see all the projects he has done this year. I also missed an important meeting at church, but such is life.

I'm feeling better this morning, but a little weak.

Sheryl

No comments: