Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend with Family


This weekend Joshua and I drove up to the Central San Joaquin Valley to be with my extended family. We enjoyed a wonderful time at my uncle's farm. We learned that blueberries grow on bushes and if you have never picked them right off the bush and popped them into your mouth, you've never truly tasted blueberries. They were fabulous.

I also enjoyed a family-filled wedding for one of my younger cousins. We gathered in Fresno on an uncommonly comfortable afternoon. I hadn't been at a France clan gathering for a couple years so it was fun to catch up with family from across the country. Here's a picture of the cousins and their spouses who were able to attend. The trick is to figure out which 4 married into the family. A hint -- there are tall genes in my family. Pretty good looking group, don't you think?

Today Joshua and I took a final long walk around the farm with the dogs, visited Joe the donkey, played with the new puppy and then headed for home. We got caught in some of the weekend traffic, but it wasn't too bad and since we were listening to "The Dragon Slayer" and "Harry Potter" (the first book) on tape, the trip was very manageable.

Three more weeks of school and then it's summer vacation!

Sheryl

No comments: