Monday, May 15, 2006

The sorta sick boy

Joshua has had a runny nose for a few days and last night he started to have a cough. I got the humidifier going in his room, gave him that extra drink of water and put him to bed early. Around midnight he had a nightmare and woke up crying, coughing -- he was a wreck. I brought him into bed with me so that the rest of my night could be interrupted by his talking in his sleep. :) This morning his breathing didn't sound good so I just let him sleep and called the school to report him sick. He slept an extra hour and a half and then took it easy on the couch for an hour or so. But by 10:00 he was starting to drive me crazy and so I told him he either needed to go to bed or get dressed and go to school. He disappeared in his room for a few minutes and came out in his school uniform. So off we went. He missed a couple hours of school, but doesn't seem to be that sick. I was able to help a little in the class, since I usually volunteer on Mondays and then I was able to come home and get some of my projects done as well.

A lot of fun things are scheduled for this week including a class playdate tomorrow and the Kindergarten Presentation (where all the kids sing in Spanish for the parents) on Wednesday night. Please pray that Joshua gets over this bug quickly or that it doesn't slow him down too much. Thanks.

Sheryl

No comments: