Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy 16th


As I type this it is already past midnight on June 13 where my husband is, so it is our 16th anniversary. I don't have an electronic picture from our wedding, but this shot was taken not long after that big day 16 years ago. What do you think -- have we changed? :) Just like everyone who gets married and makes vows, we really had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Marriage is hard work and we didn't realize how hard it would be on that beautiful June day. Now we know and the amazing thing is that even with all the hard things we've gone through these past 16 years, we'd make the same vows all over again even knowing what we know now. Here we are on January 18, 2008, at the crack of dawn before Jon left for his deployment. This wonderful, off kilter picture was taken by our son. Ah, life is so good.

I send all my love to my husband, Jon.

Sheryl

No comments: