Sunday, June 29, 2008

God's Word

This morning I received a message from Jon about his Sunday morning worship service. It was from Psalm 13 and he said, "It was a very needful word." I would like to share that psalm with you and encourage you to continue to lift Jon up in your prayers. He is very tired.

Psalm 13
O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my hear every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
Don't let my enemies gloat saying, "We have defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.

But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me.

I was blessed by a passage shared by a good friend who writes a devotional blog. The verses that ministered to me are
Psalm 37:4-7a
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

I am taking my son to camp for the first time and to say the least I am feeling some anxiety, but I am confident that the Lord has called Joshua and me to this experience and so I am trusting Him to give me my heart's desires while I wait patiently. What a blessing to be reminded that God's Word speaks to us every day wherever we are in our journey. I pray that you will hear God's Word today and find the comfort, challenge or whatever it is you need for your journey.

Blessings,

Sheryl

No comments: