Wednesday, June 25, 2008

News from Jarhedjon

Got this note from Jon today. Many people have asked about the temperature over there and this will give you a good idea of the heat.

"I'm doing OK, yesterday was a much more physical day than usual, I was out moving a bunch of stuff around inside a container in 114 degree heat (inside the container it was considerably hotter). I no kidding had to be careful what I touched, I was moving a bunch of black plastic Pelican cases around (there were over 80 cases that had to be organized and stacked, about 50 pounds each), and moving the cases that had been outside were so hot that I would burn my hand after more than 3 seconds exposure/touch. Where I normally consume one container of water a day (about a liter... OK, that's not counting coffee :), I consumed three liters in less than two hours, plus a 40 oz Gatorade--and I wasn't even wearing body armor... Semper Fi, Jon"

Sheryl

No comments: